System analysis and sustainability assessment
Trends and developments in the energy system were used to derive scenarios for the future electricity mix and electricity pricing. Together with scenarios for Germany as an economic system, they provide the basis for a comparative sustainability analysis that includes an economic process evaluation. An integrated sustainability concept offers strategic decision support during process development. In order to interpret the results, researchers developed participation concepts and held discussions with stakeholders. The findings from connecting the electrochemical production processes to the energy system reveal the opportunities and limits of this new approach.
The “System analysis and sustainability assessment” area provides the following innovative solutions for industrial applications:
- Consulting services for linking the energy and production systems
- Creating customized maps for CO2 logistics
- Decision support for location planning
- Life cycle and sustainability assessments for process technologies in the early stages of development
- New formats for integrating stakeholders into process innovations